ASSISTANT F&B Director
Job Title: Assistant F&B Director
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports to: Food & Beverage Director
Job Status: Salary
Purpose of Position
You are the right hand of the Food & Beverage Director. You have a watchful eye and an attentive nature that perpetually tuned into guest satisfaction and staff needs. You generously share what you know and transfer issues into constructive opportunities. Communications are fluid between front and back of the house and shifts and operations are smooth. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing and enhancing the operations of Oliver's Bar & Lounge, Andaluca Restaurant, Suite 410 Bar, Kitchen, Banquet and the Room Service.
Work with the F&B Director and support the Food & Beverage mission, by providing leadership to associates through training, leading by example, having thorough knowledge of all positions, and achieving all operational financial goals. Be able to work in a variety of situations and step in and work any position if needed. This position requires consistency, integrity, and a commitment to the overall well-being of the operation and the team.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Use your experience and attentive nature to assist in all aspects of outlets operations to elevate the guest experience and ensure associate safety.
- Ensure overall restaurant cleanliness, set up and maintenance.
- Help restaurant and bar staff conduct menu classes, taste panels, and assist in the completion of the training of the new associates.
- Being savvy in restaurant office operations, like Microsoft Office, POS systems, OpenTable reservation system, Fintech and Canary technologies is essential for outlets efficiency.
- Extensive knowledge of wines, spirits and craft cocktails, mixology techniques and current industry trends.
- Oversee servers and bartenders to ensure optimal appearance and exceptional guest care, watchful of guests' need for service.
- Ensure accurate flow of communications between shifts. Be aware of what happened in the prior shift and clearly convey happenings for the next.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors. All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Food & Beverage.
- Assist Director with recruiting, scheduling, and maintaining proper staffing levels based on the business needs.
- Manage staff vacation/time-off requests and find replacement staffing for call outs. You are the last line of defense and must cover shifts if needed.
- Assist in the incorporating of daily goals from a monthly budget, develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancing measures.
- Provides associates with a safe and hazard free work environment and immediately reports employees concerns and grievances to F&B Director.
- Our internal guests (associates) are as important as our external guests. The assistant manager must guarantee fair treatment and meet or exceed their expectations. Observe and supervise associate performance and ensure that they perform their duties/tasks according to the operations.
Joining the Mayflower Park Hotel offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the success of our operation while advancing your career in the hospitality industry. If you have a passion for food, people and creating exceptional dining experiences, we would love to hear from you.